Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OBAMA!

I watched the election coverage this morning, which was really interesting because it was this Australian news station, but they mostly just kept switching over to the American coverage. Then they would do a bit of commentary, and they talked about things like how electoral colleges work and such. Very interesting. It's times like these I wish I lived with Americans, or even Australians, as the guys I live with did not seem at all interested in the election (or maybe they were just really busy?) They are from India, China (possibly Korea?), and Germany.

Anyways, I had to go to class eventually. Luckily, a girl in my class was receiving text message updates every 2 minutes on her phone regarding the election. And so she told the entire class Obama won when she got that text. Oddly enough, although there are three Americans in my small class of about 10, it was an Australian girl who was getting these every 2 minute text updates. It's amazing to me how incredibly interested Australians are in American politics compared to...most Americans?

No comments: